Puppies are cute—but they require extra love, time, attention, and care. Apartment pets need a little extra work than a pet in a single-family house. Living in one of our Margate apartments, though spacious for you, doesn’t necessarily offer enough space for a pup to run around and get their daily exercise. So, what can you do to help provide your pup with a safe and fun place to spend their day?
- A comfortable bed- just like you, dogs need a sanctuary where they can get away. We’re not suggesting that you go and buy a twin-sized pillow top for your pup to call his own, but rather for you to invest in a comfortable bed and create a safe haven in the corner for him. This special space will provide Max with room to sleep, lounge, and keep cozy during his downtime.
- Engaging toys- Toys can engage the body and the mind of your pet! Plus, if they are chewing on and wreaking havoc with toys designed and purchased for them, it reduces the risk they are chewing on your shoes or furniture.
- Safety gates- When they say having a pet is much like having a child, they aren’t lying. Pets need many of the same things children do especially when cooped up in an apartment all day. Sometimes you’ll need to keep your animal in a specific area of the home and safety “baby” gates are perfect for this purpose.
- Slipcovers for furniture- Pets like to destroy furniture. Not intentionally, of course, but between the shedding, the jumping, the playing, and the scratching they can cause your furniture to lose its original appeal. Slipcovers can safeguard your furniture and turn an outdated sofa into something new and modern. On the plus side, if you have company coming over with pet allergies, the covers can be tossed into the washing machine to eliminate pet dander and hair.
- Delicious treats- Treats are essential if you are in the midst of training your pet. They provide positive reinforcement. At the very least, the treats will endear your pup to you!
- Collar/Leash - Although this is probably a “no brainer,” it’s important that you take your pup for regular walks around our community. Flimsy collars will fray more quickly, giving your dog a better chance to run off when you’re on a walk. This means you should invest in a quality collar or harness and leash.
These six items can help you be on the way to providing a healthy and happy life for your pet in our Margate apartments. There is a two pet per apartments limit. We allow pets up to 75 pounds. Breed restrictions, pet rent, and fees do apply. View our pet policy for more details.
Find your perfect apartment home for you and your pets at our Margate apartments. Schedule a visit to Lakes of Margate today!